Choosing interior painters to paint your home, apartment or business can prove daunting if you are not the “handy” type of person. When it comes to keeping any type of building in top condition, one of the first things that comes to mind is painting. A simple coat of paint gives a fresh look to the area One Man And a Brush.
Even though improvement projects which people do on their own might be becoming more and more popular nowadays, hiring professional interior painters can provide you with some worthwhile advantages. For instance, you can expect a higher quality of work and completion in less time.
Most serious interior painting projects require specialized or detailed knowledge as well as experience. A lot of times, you’ll end up reading articles and books that might leave you with a false impression of the true amount of work and skills required. As a result, you go in unprepared or with a lack of information and overlook some crucial steps, like initial cleaning and prepping. That lack of expertise might lead to missing some clues of serious structural damage that become apparent as more time goes by.
Professional interior painters don’t just “slap on a few coats of paint” that most people out there can readily do. Instead, they use their knowledge and expertise to add additional years to the lives of buildings. For instance, most of them are very careful when it comes to cleaning and preparing every surface to make sure that each is ready to receive the finish to be applied. That type of preparation not only involves filling in any holes or cracks but requires knowledge of how buildings are put together and the characteristics of different types of building materials. On top of that, all of the doors as well as windows are caulked and sealed in order to keep water out and reduce the chances of the building developing harmful conditions such as mold, rot, etc.
So, how do you choose the right interior painters for your job?
There are several factors that should be considered when it comes to choosing the right interior painters to place under contract for your project. Following these steps outlined below will help to ensure you get quality workmanship.
Unless the painting contractor comes highly recommended by someone you know and trust or you have seen their work firsthand, you should collect quotes from at least three different painting services before you make your final decision. Ask them for the names and contact information of references past customers who have used their painting services. Also, ask them to share the following with you:
– How are they planning to do the job (a general description of the steps)?
– How long they have been in business and approximately how many jobs of the type you require have they completed?
– Do they sub-contract any portion of the work?
– What type(s) of paint do they recommend and why?
– What type of surface preparation will be required before painting and are they prepared to do that?
– Do they offer to seal doors and windows as a part of the quote for service?
– What is their policy regarding clean-up, during and upon completion of the job?
– What is their estimate of the time required to perform the project?
– What are their proposed terms of payment?
– If they are awarded the job, when can they start?
– Are they bonded and insured and can provide proof of same?
– What warranties do they provide on services performed?
Of course, some of these questions will require interested interior painters to view the areas to be painted in order to have sufficient information to make a response. A routine practice of most painting contractors is to offer free estimates with no cost or obligation.